Clinical Labs of Hawaii accepts the following health insurance plans:
|Insurance (A-K)||Insurance (K-Z)|
|AETNA*||KAISER QUEST HAWAII|
|AFL HOTEL AND RESTAURANT WORKERS||KAISER SR ADVANTAGE HAWAII|
|ALOHACARE QUEST INTEGRATION||MEDICAID|
|ALOHACARE SR ADVANTAGE||MEDICARE PART B|
|CHAMPVA CENTER||NO FAULT INSURANCE|
|CIGNA||OHANA QUEST INTEGRATION|
|DESERET MUTUAL BENEFIT||OHANA SR ADVANTAGE|
|HAWAII LABORERS||PENSIONED OPERATING ENG'R|
|HAWAII SENIOR MEDICAL GROUP||PURESTAR LINEN|
|HMA, INC.||RAILROAD MEDICARE|
|HMAA||TRICARE FOR LIFE|
|HMSA - AKAMAI ADVANTAGE||TRIWEST (WPS-VAPC3)|
|HMSA FEP||UHC MDX HAWAII SR ADVANTAGE|
|HMSA QUEST INTEGRATION||UNITED HEALTH CARE*|
|HUMANA GOLD CHOICE||UNITED HEALTH CARE QUEST INTEGRATION|
|HUMANA MDX HAWAII SR ADVANTAGE||UNITED HEALTH CARE SR ADVANTAGE|
|KAISER - ADDED CHOICE||VETERANS ADMINISTRATION|
|KAISER HAWAII||WORKER'S COMP INSURANCE|
If your health plan is not listed, please contact your insurance carrier to verify participation.
*Clinical Labs of Hawaii is not considered an in-network provider for all plans. Please check with your insurance carrier to verify coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to our most frequently asked questions (FAQ) for billing. Make an online payment or contact us If you need further assistance.
1. I have insurance, why did I get a bill?
You may have received a bill for a number of reasons:
- Your insurance may require you to pay a deductible or a portion of total charges (“member cost share”)
- The test ordered may not be a covered benefit of your insurance plan(s)
- The test ordered may have been denied because your insurance carrier determined the test was not medically necessary
Please contact our Customer Service Representatives so that they can assist you.
2. How do I know if a test my provider is ordering is covered?
Insurance carriers issue medical policies that provide guidelines and limitations on laboratory tests. Please contact your insurance provider to determine whether or not a laboratory test will be covered based on your plan's benefits.
3. Can I find out how much insurance will pay for a test my provider has ordered?
Payment by insurance is specific to the type of plan you have. Please contact your insurance provider to determine whether or not a laboratory test will be covered based on your plan's benefits (and if so, the amount the insurer will reimburse for the test).
4. Why am I getting a bill when I paid at the time of service?
Payment made at the time of service is based on an estimate of total charges. Charges are subject to change based on the payment made by your insurance carrier and whether or not your physician ordered additional testing on the specimens collected.
5. Why does the lab ask for my ID and insurance card every time I go to the lab?
Life events such as marriage, divorce, or license renewal may change the way a person’s identification is reflected in our electronic records. Likewise, the type of insurance plan a patient subscribes to may change based on employment or enrollment periods. To ensure we bill the appropriate insurance carrier and plan/group for your tests, we request your ID and insurance card at each visit.
6. I went to Clinical Labs of Hawaii for testing, why am I getting a bill from Pan Pacific Pathologists?
Pan Pacific Pathologists, LLC, is the professional arm of Clinical Laboratories Of Hawaii, LLP. If the services rendered require a Pathologist’s interpretation or are pathology-related, you will receive a statement from Pan Pacific Pathologists, LLC.
7. Can I still have my labs done if Clinical Labs of Hawaii does not participate with my insurance?
Yes, you can! You will be provided with a claim form to forward to your insurance company.
8. I’m calling because of the message on the invoice, "If you have Medicare, please call our office."
We ask you to call us to ensure that we have accurate information and to check on whether or not you have secondary or tertiary insurance that should be taken into consideration when filing your claim.
9. There are two addresses listed on the invoice. What address do I mail my payment to? Hilo or Honolulu?
Please mail your payment with the payment coupon provided at the bottom of the invoice to:
PO Box 30230
Honolulu, HI 96820
10. Why did my Copayment increase? Is there something different?
Please contact your insurance carrier to discuss the increase in your co-payment.
11. Why do I have to pay? I never paid before.
Although co-payments may have been part of your insurance plan, in the past your insurer may not have enforced collection. Within the last year many insurance payers have begun to implement co-payments making the patient responsible for a portion of the bill. If you need more information on co-payments please contact your insurance carrier.
12. Why do I have multiple account numbers?
Account numbers are used to differentiate services rendered on one date from another. Think of it as you would an invoice number. To ensure you can tell the difference from one visit to the next, a new account number is designated for each episode of care.
13. When is my payment due?
To avoid collection, payment should be received no later than 30 days from the date of your statement/invoice.
14. I’m having a hard time making payments online. It is asking for an invoice number.
Making payment online is the fastest and easiest option to pay your bill.
Here are simple directions to pay online:
- Go to www.clinicallabs.com => Services => Online Payment
- In the Patient Payments section choose “Pay your Clinical Labs of Hawaii bill” or “Pay your Pan Pacific Pathologists bill”
- Input the account number listed by your name on your statement without the hyphen and the number that follows and then your zip code or date of birth.
NOTE: If asked to provide an invoice number, you have chosen the incorrect payment option. Please refresh go back to the Online Payment page be sure you make the correct choice.
15. Can I make payment at any one of your labs?
You can make a payment at any of our Patient Service Centers and labs as long as you have your statement (or the payment coupon found at the bottom of the statement/invoice) with you. Our staff will accept your payment and issue a receipt.