Clincal Labs of Hawaii SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 Update for Health Plans
Updated July 31, 2020
Update for Health Plans: New Pricing and CPT Code Information
|Test Name||CPT Code||Net Price (Expected Net Reimbursement)|
|SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19, High throughput||U0003, U0004, and 87635||$130.00|
*Effective April 30, 2020, Clinical Labs of Hawaii (CLH) began performing serology tests for COVID-19. In response to this national health crisis and to ensure optimal access for patients, we are offering a single price for all payors.
- All previous pricing shown (e.g., March 23, 2020 Update for Health Plans) represent a Net Price (Expected Net Reimbursement)
- As for all COVID-19 tests, CLH uses multiple platforms and methodologies for serology testing in order to:
- maintain critical turnaround time commitment
- prevent service interruptions due to platform-specific supply chain issues
- resolve indeterminate results or inconsistencies between test results and clinical presentation
- All tests have received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the FDA.
Posted March 23, 2020
As part of our commitment to provide high quality services and optimal access to your members, Clinical Labs of Hawaii will continue to provide updates regarding testing for SARS-Cov-2/COVID-19.
Testing Access and Test Performing Locations:
- Patients can access the test through requests generated by local healthcare providers currently serviced by Clinical Labs of Hawaii.
- Testing is performed seven days a week and we are distributing test capacity amongst our laboratories to meet the demands of our clients.
Pricing and CPT Code Information:
- Pricing: $130 per test, same for all CPT codes
- CPT Codes: U0001, U0002, 87635
In response to this national health crisis and to ensure optimal access for patients, we are offering a single price for all payors, clients and patients. Any future adjustment due to changes in supply chain commitment and availability will apply to all payor agreements.
The goal of our pricing approach is to ensure affordable patient access and protect our testing capacity to avoid service interruptions. Our price is established to support the turnaround time, indeterminate result resolution and the four different platforms and methodologies, including the current gold standard CDC/IDT assay.
We understand price is an important component of ensuring affordable patient access. We believe we share the same goals of patient access and affordability with you, our Health Plan partners, and look forward to working with you closely on patient access, case management and reporting, and appropriate pricing support.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.