H. Pylori Breath Test
Helicobacter Pylori Breath Test is a special procedure requiring a lab order from your healthcare provider. Book one appointment per person. Prior to booking an appointment for this procedure, please review the following:.
- The collection process takes about 30-40 minutes.
- Do not eat or drink AT LEAST 1 (ONE) HOUR before beginning the test.
- Avoid taking antimicrobials, proton pump inhibitors (i.e. Prilosec, Prevacid) or bismuth preparations (i.e. Pepto Bismol) for two weeks prior to your appointment (consult with your healthcare provider on specific instructions).
- The test requires you to drink a solution of Pranactic-Citric and water. It contains Phenylalanine (one of the components of Aspartame).
- To access your lab results visit ClinicalLabs.com/patient for steps to retrieve your results online.
Appointments help reduce wait time. Due to potential increases in COVID testing, you may be seen later than your scheduled time. Thank you for your patience.
- STOP - If you are not feeling well or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, DO NOT schedule an appointment. Please contact your healthcare provider.
- Some tests require you to fast. Check with your healthcare provider if you're unsure.
Items required when you arrive for your appointment:
- Appointment confirmation number (one appointment per person)
- Photo ID
- Insurance card
- Lab order from a licensed healthcare provider (paper or electronic)
Choose a location to make an appointment and select the "H. Pylori Breath Test" service.
Aiea Medical Building
Ala Moana Building
Ewa Town Center
Kailua Professional Center
Kalihi Medical Building
Kapolei Shopping Center
Liliha Professional Building
Pali Momi Medical Office Bldg Lab
Pearlridge Office Center
St Francis Liliha - Paiko Building
Waipahu Medical Center Building